Friday, July 2, 2010

Last two weeks

With only 11 days left and time winding down my emotions are mixed. Yes, I am excited to be home and see my family and friends but I know I am going to miss everything and everyone here so much. Leaving here is much more difficult that it was to leave home because I don’t know when or if I will ever come back. Our going away parties are starting now; with our American friends, my coworkers, my ex-coworkers, the youth group and maybe one with just my host family. This means I might put on a little weight before I get home!

When I think about coming home there is one thing I dread. The question “how was your year?” I think it will be difficult to explain a year of cross culture experience in the few sentences that people are going to want to hear. I guess I should start thinking about the standard response that I am going to give now.

In a way, to me, that question is similar to blogging. How can I share what is really going on in my life and give the people reading this an accurate depiction with what I am doing with just a few paragraphs every few weeks. I guess I will just have to wait to get home to tell my stories and show my pictures and those that are interested can listen.

In my last few days I plan to try to do all of the little things that I haven’t been able to do yet (which isn’t much) and buy the souvenirs that I have wanted to (which is a lot of things)

I am looking forward to seeing you all within the next month! Keep my in your prayers as my team and I go through this transition process

1 comment:

  1. Blessings as you say meaningful goodbyes and transition to your next chapter of life.

    Prayers and warm wishes,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete