Thursday, May 27, 2010

Running out of Time

I have been staying extremely busy these last few weeks. One weekend I went to Volendam, a Mennonite colony with some friends and a coworker. We also made it out to Cuidad del Este the weekend before last to see Itiapu Dam, unfortunately it was closed to tourists because it was a holiday, we seem to have bad luck when it comes to holidays.

My week days stay pretty busy as well, Mondays Daniel, Rose and I teach English and the church and Wednesdays Rose, Ruth and I have Spanish lessons. The rest of the week just seems to fall into place as it goes along.

This last Tuesday I went with my uncle and cousin to a large Catholic church for mass. It was a very pretty service and the message was about how people of different religions need to look at what they have in common, instead of pointing out their differences. This seems to be a fairly large problem in this area, much more than it was where I live at home, so I was very pleased to hear what he was saying.

This week seems to be coming to a rapid end and next week holds the possibility of going to Bolivia… we will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment