Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Iguazu Falls

Just before Christmas my team and I had to renew our visas for the first time. So we (meaning Daniel) planned our trip and headed to Argentina. While we were there we had several various problems including; issues at customs, finding functional ATM´s, retrieving locked luggage and a 12 hour bus delay before heading back to Asuncion.

Even though some things didn’t go as planned, we still had the opportunity to see some extremely beautiful things. Iquazu Falls, one of South America’s largest tourist attractions, was incredible. The place looked just like paradise and in my opinion isn’t even comparable to Niagra Falls. The pictures I took will never be able to describe the pure beauty that I felt there. We also spent A LOT of time looking in shops and hanging around the local tourist town.

All of the excitement of getting out of my normal routine in Asuncion renewed my excitement to get out and explore my surroundings. Hopefully, now that we have settled into our new lives and that the holidays have passed, as a team we will be to get out and do a few more weekend trips in the near future.

Looking back at the trip, what really made it special was being able to share it with my friends. I’m sure I would have loved Iquazu Falls no matter what, because God made it beautiful, but being able to share and experience that splendor with others made the beauty real.

3 comments:

  1. its all about the people you share the experience with!!!!
    wonderful jono!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonathan,
    Katie and i were just talking about you and your adventures. We wish you all the best in the second half of your year long journey. What a great way to experience other parts of the world and touch the lives of others.
    Nancy Moon

    ReplyDelete